Face Mask Market Size to Reach Revenues of USD 8.88 Billion by 2026 - Arizton
CHICAGO, Sept. 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this global face mask market report.
The face mask market is expected to exhibit a growth rate of 4.8% during the period 2020?2026. In the global face mask market, the shipments are expected to reach 16.54 billion units by 2026.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- COVID-19 impacted the face mask market positively; the demand skyrocketed in the market. Many vendors are already filled with the orders for 2020 and 2021. The vendors are working with total capacity continuously to supply the orders.
- Surgical face masks dominated the market by material type. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there was an increased demand for surgical face masks as they were primarily consumed in the healthcare segment and individuals.
- The N95 face masks dominated the respirator segment face masks market. There was a massive demand for the N95 face masks among the public and among the front-line workers.
- Synthetic face masks dominated the market by material type. A large volume of surgical face masks is manufactured from synthetic materials, and they had better safety standards compared to the naturally made cotton face masks.
- Disposable face masks dominated the usage segment. Most users preferred one-time usage masks compared to the reusable face masks. Especially in the healthcare segment disposable face masks were largely used.
- Hospital segment dominated the market in 2020. Large volume face masks were consumed in the hospitals due to the increased number of COVID-19 patients. Various countries are experiencing multiple waves of COVID-19 infections due to different variants of the virus.
- B2B/institutional segment dominated the distribution channel as large hospitals and GPOs; governments purchased the face masks directly from the manufacturers across the globe
- Europe dominated the market in terms of revenue and consumption of face masks. The APAC is expected to grow faster in terms of revenue due to the large population and increasing COVID-19 cases. This has increased the consumption of face masks in the market.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2020?2026
- Market Size & Forecast by Unit Shipments | 2020?2026
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by product, material, usage, distribution, end-user, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 5 key vendors and 62 other vendors
Get your sample today! https://www.arizton.com/market-reports/face-mask-market
Face Mask Market – Segmentation
- In 2020, the 2-ply face masks segment accounted for a share of 32.66% in the global surgical face mask market. The 2-ply face mask is manufactured from the fabric material polypropylene or other non-woven kinds of materials. One of the major limitations of this mask is that it lacks a filter layer, which makes it useless against haze, viruses, and bacteria.
- The N-Series mask offers protection against COVID-19 infections. Apart from the surface area that it covers, the protection is provided by the quality of the fabric used, the material used, and its filtration capability. The N95 and N94 masks filter out up to 94–95% of the fine particles and dust.
- Synthetic face masks are made from polypropylene material, which is also commonly used in other manufacturing platforms such as automotive manufacturing, furniture assembly, and the aerospace industry. During the pandemic when the other manufacturing segments witnessed a slowdown, the demand for this material to manufacture face masks was not so high, but its availability was easy.
Face Mask Market by Product
- Surgical Mask
- Respirator Mask
- Cloth Mask
Face Mask Market by Material
Face Mask Market by Usage
Face Mask Market by Distribution
Face Mask Market by End-User
- Government and Others
Face Mask Market – Dynamics
Recently, as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to spread across the world, researchers and scientists are working continuously to develop high-tech protective medical face masks such as 3D printed masks. Clinicians from the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) demonstrated the effectiveness of a 3D printed surgical mask designed to mitigate any shortage of conventional medical face masks resulting from the coronavirus crisis. In addition, the FDA also initiated innovative and creative approaches to recommend using 3D-printed face masks to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the FDA, 3D-printed PPEs such as face masks can be used to provide a physical barrier to the environment to prevent the virus from the spread. The FDA also developed guidelines for manufacturers encompassing 3D printing of medical face masks. These 3D-printed masks are reusable and easy to disinfect. It is also reported that a standard disposable surgical mask can be cut into four filters for this 3D printed mask.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Increased Usage of Double Masking
- Increased EUA Approvals for Face Masks
- Increased Number of Surgeries
- New Entrants in Face Mask Manufacture
Face Mask Market – Geography
In 2020, Europe accounted for a share of 36.45% in the global face mask market. Europe is home to many developed and developing countries, and the usage of face masks is high in this region due to multiple factors such as the growing food & beverage industry, increased awareness among end-users regarding personal safety, and the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in the region. Some countries such as Spain and Italy are largely famous for their food industry across the globe. Large volumes of packed foods are exported by these countries across the globe. The food industries have recommended workers wear face masks to avoid contamination of food products since there have been many cross-contamination issues in the past few years. The UK recently exited from the EU council. This scenario is forcing the country to largely invest in various sectors to increase its potential and become more independent from other European countries. The country is largely investing in multiple sectors such as healthcare, manufacturing, and food & beverages.
Get your sample today! https://www.arizton.com/market-reports/face-mask-market
Face Mask Market by Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- BYD Company
- Prestige Ameritech
- Kimberly -Clark
Other Prominent Vendors
- ADVENTA Health
- AERO PRO
- AKZENTA INTERNATIONAL
- ASID BONZ
- Asian Paints
- B. Braun Melsungen
- BERNER International
- BESCO MEDICAL
- BIOTRON MEDICAL INNOVATEC
- Body Products
- BSN medical
- Crosstex International
- Demophorius Healthcare
- ERENLER MED?KAL
- Franz Mensch
- Fujian Jusun Group
- Guangzhou Powecom Labor Insurance Supplies
- HONG KONG MEDI Co.
- HO CHENG SAFETY ENTERPRISE
- Hubei YJT Technology
- Intco Medical
- Kowa Company
- Leaflife Technology
- Leboo Healthcare Products
- Louis M. Gerson
- Medi Dent Disposable International
- Medline Industries
- Mexpo International
- Narang Medical
- Owens & Minor
- Ocean Footprint
- Pidegree Industrial
- SAS Safety
- Rizhao Sanqi Medical & Health Products
- Shangai Dasheng Health Products
- Shanghai Lanhine Industrial Development
- TROGE MEDICAL
- Wujiang Evergreen EX/IM
- Yeakn Protecting Products
Explore our consumer goods & retail technology profile to know more about the industry.
Read some of the top-selling reports:
- Anesthesia Face Masks Market - Global Outlook and Forecast 2021-2026
- Disposable Gloves Market - Global Outlook and Forecast 2021-2026
- Medical Gloves Market - Global Outlook & Forecast 2021-2026
- Medical Imaging Software Market - Global Outlook and Forecast 2021-2026
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
We offer comprehensive market research reports on industries such as consumer goods & retail technology, automotive and mobility, smart tech, healthcare, and life sciences, industrial machinery, chemicals and materials, IT and media, logistics and packaging. These reports contain detailed industry analysis, market size, share, growth drivers, and trend forecasts.
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
+1 302 469 0707
SOURCE Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- October 2021
- BIO-Europe® 2021
- Online: AusBiotech 2021 & Australia Biotech Invest & Partnering
- November 2021
- Pharma-Biotech Product & Company Valuation with Dr. P Frei