Global RNA Analysis / Transcriptomics Markets, 2021-2026 - Growing Demand for Personalized Medicine to Drive Market Demand
DUBLIN, Jan. 14, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The "RNA Analysis / Transcriptomics - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global RNA Analysis / Transcriptomics Market to Reach US$10.5 Billion by the Year 2026
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for RNA Analysis / Transcriptomics estimated at US$4.7 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$10.5 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 14.1% over the analysis period. Reagents / Consumables, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 15.4% CAGR to reach US$5.9 Billion by the end of the analysis period.
After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Instruments segment is readjusted to a revised 12.5% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 30.1% share of the global RNA Analysis / Transcriptomics market.
The gene expression patterns` increased demand for specific genes, various assay technologies, quantification of multiplexed RNA, increased requirement for genetic testing and personalized medicine, rise in genetic variation and genetic mutation incidences boost the transcriptomics technologies market demand.
Additionally, continuous technological developments in products increased commercialization, and increasing disease cases such as hepatitis B, diabetes, and cancer, too, propel the transcriptomics technologies market growth. Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies` R&D funding, increased demand for compact and reliable products, too, are the other key factors anticipated to drive market growth.
Innovations and new product launches are also projected to fuel the growth over the analysis period. For instance, NuGEN Technologies, Inc.'s Trio RNA-Seq, which provides a highly sensitive end-to-end transcriptomics solution, is ideal for use in low abundance transcripts applications. The innovative Trio RNA-Seq technique integrates three powerful technologies, including single primer isothermal amplification (SPIA); AnyDeplete, for use in high sensitivity ribonucleic acid (RNA) analysis; and DimerFree.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $2.2 Billion in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach $891.5 Million by 2026
The RNA Analysis / Transcriptomics market in the U.S. is estimated at US$2.2 Billion in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 39.34% share in the global market. China, the world's second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$891.5 Million in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 15.6% through the analysis period.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 11.9% and 14.3% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 13.8% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$1 Billion by the end of the analysis period.
North America represents the most dominant region because of the presence of a large number of biotech companies having well-established infrastructure and state-of-the-art technological platforms. Growing opportunities, increasing healthcare expenditure, and the introduction of government initiatives are the other factors driving market growth.
Additionally, the sustained increase in transcriptomics-related research and development investments by the private sector is enabling the regional market players to develop targeted therapeutics.
Services Segment to Reach $2 Billion by 2026
In the global Services segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 14.1% CAGR estimated for this segment. These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$744.8 Million in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$1.9 Billion by the close of the analysis period.
China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$130.8 Million by the year 2026.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- RNA-Seq Technology
- A Prelude to Transcriptomics Technologies
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- 2020 Marked as a Year of Disruption & Transformation
- As the Race between the Virus & Vaccines Intensifies, Where is the World Economy Headed in 2021
- COVID-19 Impact on Global Transcriptomics Technologies Market
- Growth Prospects and Outlook
- Global Transcriptomics Technologies Market Witnesses Rapid Growth
- Market Outlook
- Segmentation by Technology
- Application-based Analysis
- Geography-based Analysis
- North America Leads the Market
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 44 Featured)
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- CD Genomics
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- GenXPro GmbH
- Illumina, Inc.
- LC Sciences
- Merck KGaA
- Qiagen N.V.
- Sequentia Biotech SL
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Growing Demand for Personalized Medicine to Drive Market Demand
- Transcriptomics Application in Disease and Diagnostic Profiling
- Increasing PCR applications in Biotechnology Sector
- The Growing Role of Transcriptomics in Oncology
- Single-cell RNA-seq Technologies Witness Steady Growth
- Growth of Long-Read Transcriptome Sequencing
- Gene Expression Microarray Technology Gains Ground
- Conventional Microarrays
- Latest Microarrays
- Microfluidics-based Droplet Technologies Witness Growth
- inDrops Approach Exhibits Growth
- Spatial Transcriptomics Market Witnesses Significant Growth
- Next Generation Sequencing Offers Increased Accuracy for Transcriptomics Activity
- Select NGS Platforms Available in the Market
- Single-cell NGS Witnesses Rapid Growth
- RNA Sequencing Registers Significant Growth
- Blood Transcriptome Sequencing for Identifying Rare-Disease Genes
- Liquid Biopsy
- Plant Gene Expression
- Nanopore RNA Sequencing
- 3'RNA Sequencing
- Specific Targeted Sequencing
- NanoString Technology - A Proprietary Transcriptomics Technology
- Technological Advancements and Innovations
- Sci-Plex - A New Technique to Profile Gene Expression within Single Cells
- Introduction of Oxford Nanopore's Innovative Portable Sequencer for Sequencing Long Reads and RNA Molecules Improves Transcriptomic Analysis
- Aging Demographics Present Opportunities for Transcriptomics Technologies
- Transcriptomics Assume Critical Importance amid Growing Prevalence of Chronic Diseases
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
REST OF EUROPE
REST OF WORLD
- Total Companies Profiled: 44
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/lslnhm
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- February 2022
- Biotechgate Digital Partnering February 2022
- BIO CEO & Investor Conference
- March 2022
- Redefining Early Stage Investments (RESI)